Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Upcoming Chicago Trip- Earn A Free Hotel Night (Updated)

On Thursday I am going to Chicago for something I consider very exciting.  For the past three years I have been attending the Frequent Traveler's Conference.  I love to travel and hope to inform my readers about what I learn from this get together.  At this conference are the true travel "experts."  The hardest part about the conference is two seminars are going on simultaneously and it is difficult to make a choice what seminar to attend.

In addition to the conference I plan to do a few side trips.  In order to get ready for the conference and side trips I had to strategically make my travel plans. I had to figure what hotels to stay at in order to maximize my points and/or earn free stays.  Below is how I maximized my stay at the Radisson hotel.  This information can help anyone who is planning to travel in the month of October.

I subscribe to Club Carlson emails (remember to subscribe to all hotel/airline emails) and saw they had a great promotion- Stay one night at a Radisson hotel, earn a night free.  This is really good as you can stay at a $70 a night hotel and your free night can later be at a $300 a night hotel.

I currently have Platinum status with Marriott and no status with Carlson hotels.  So I emailed them and asked if they would do a status match. Here is the response I received:

Thank you for providing the documentation for a status match! We have upgraded your Club Carlson account to Gold status effective immediately and expiring on February 28, 2014 (unless otherwise re-obtained). Please review the list of elite benefits below.

50% Point Bonus
Late Check-out (based on availability)
Early Check-in (based on availability)
Best Available Room in the category booked


Now that I had my elite status it was time to start earning points and a free night.

1) I registered for the "Stay One, Get One" free night after a paid night.  Click here to register for this promotion. It is only open to the first 50,000 Club Carlson members who register between October 1 and October 31, 2012. You must book your hotel room on the Radisson website and your stay must be completed by December 31, 2012. You can only earn one night so sign up your spouse/significant other in order to earn 2 free nights. (Post previously erred by stating your stay had to be completed by 10-31-12).

2) I also signed up for the "Stay More Nights.  Earn More Nights."  For staying 1 to 5 nights I get an extra 2,000 points.  Click here to register for this promotion. This promotion is good for stays between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.

3) Remember the July 2, 2012 blog on best Interent shopping website?  Well, I checked Evrewards and saw that MrRebates was offering 5% back on all Radisson bookings.  Going to MrRebates takes you directly to the Radisson website so you are still eligible for the free night.  If you have not signed up for MrRebates yet please do so here.  I get a referral and thank you for helping me out. This also lets me know someone is reading my blogs.

4) Finally for booking online you earn either 1,000 or 2,000 points as a bonus.  Red level club members (entry level) earn 1,000 points.  Since I am now Gold I earned 2,000 points.

So where did I book?  I got a room at the Radisson Milwaukee for $79.20.  This is the AAA rate.  The AAA rate is acceptable for the Buy One, Get One promotion.

Pool at the Radisson
Finally, if your not a member of Club Carlson, sign up here.  Remember to subscribe to their email.





No comments:

Post a Comment