Monday, July 2, 2012

My favorite miles/cash earning website

I mentioned on Friday I would tell you about my favorite website for earning cash and miles while doing internet shopping.  This is actually a two step process.  While some of you may be turned off by this others may be thinking, "Wow, I can get cash/miles back by doing the internet shopping I do every day."  So here is the site I love, Evreward. Just click on the Evreward link and it will show you how much you can save at your favorite internet shopping sites.  I used Target as an example.


The Evreward site compares where you can get the best airline miles or cash rewards.  Using Target as an example, for cash, ShopDiscover has the best reward at 5% cash back but this only works if you have a Discover credit card.  The website Bigcrumbs gives you 4.9% cash back on your purchases.  If you want airline miles, American Airlines gives you 2 miles per dollar spent and if hotel points are what you are looking for Marriott gives you 3 points per dollar spent.  

Once at the Evrewards website just click on any of the links for cash using Bigcrumbs, Ebates, MrRebates, and Shopdiscover or click on the preferred airline or hotel link.  Remember this is a two step process.  Once you pick a site from Evrewards you will be redirected to the site you originally wanted to shop at, e.g., Target.  I have been using Ebates since 2003.  I subscribe to their email and wait for their double cash back specials.  For example, I ordered some magazines with 50% cash back.  

I had lunch with a friend yesterday who does internet shopping. He mentioned he forgets to go to Ebates first before using the internet for shopping.  On this blog we previously talked about airline toolbars.  Ebates also has a toolbar to tell you when you are going to a cash back site.  

I use both the cash and hotel/airline points and miles depending on where I get my best return and what my goal is.  Again, this is great if you need just a few miles to keep an account active or you are a few miles short from a free ticket.  

Start saving cash and/or earning airline/hotel points and miles.  If you click on any of the links below and sign up I would appreciate the referral.



Mr. Rebates

No comments:

Post a Comment