Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why You Should Subscribe To All Airline Emails


This  morning was family photo time for our Sunriver, Oregon reunion.  The newest member of the family, “Ky”, is almost two months old and is just beginning to learn about family traditions, including photo day. Ky is the sixth great grandchild of my proud parents (seated in the front row).


Sunriver, Oregon Family Reunion. Ky is hiding behind my nephew Garrett on the far left.

Later in the afternoon I did some paddle boarding while other family members took a “float” down the Deschutes River.  The float was more like an inflatable couch with two love seats.  Mom loved it as Maria did all the paddling.

This is the life
I had previously received an email that if I showed my Alaska Airlines boarding pass, I could rent two stand up paddle boards for the price of one from Sun Country Tours ($20 savings) or get 10% off any whitewater rafting trip.  Of course I had to do both.  The rafting trip was $49.00.  I went to Costco and bought eight $50 Sun Country gift cards for $37.50 for all eight family rafters ($12.50 savings, per person) and then used the 10% discount with the Alaska Airlines boarding pass, (additional $4.90 savings).  You never know how flight travel can help you, so sign up for all the airline emails you can.  For example, the Alaska Airlines newsletter provides a 5% discount on select flights, but only to those who are email subscribers.  The newsletter recently had information on savings up to 64% off select Starwood hotels in Hawaii.  Every airline has its own emails that can provide a variety of discounts and remember the discounts don't always relate to airline travel.

Right before my brother-in-law's sister, Judy, takes a bath

Rafting the "Big Eddie"
I love Alaska Airlines and will explain in a later blog why I feel the Alaska Airlines credit card is one of the best.

If any of my readers are wondering where to spend a family vacation I highly recommend Sunriver, Oregon. The reason I enjoy Sunriver is there is horseback riding, paved bike and walking paths off the main road, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, a nature center (deer outside your front door), golfing, glow in the dark golf, free concerts in the park, shopping outlets and more.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read your are enjoying the posts! Pass on the site to all your friends.

    ReplyDelete