Thursday, July 12, 2012

What is award wallet?


The flight to Portland arrived on time and the weather is beautiful here.  I showed my mom my Youtube video from yesterday’s post and my mom asked, “How do you come up with all those things to write about?”  That got me to wondering,  “What am I going to write about today?”  It dawned on me I could write about how I keep track of everything. 

I like a website called Award Wallet.  Award wallet allows you to enter all your frequent flier, hotel  and car rental membership numbers and then it keeps track of everything for you in one place. Award wallet supports 484 loyalty programs.  There are two versions. The regular account is free.  The plus account is based on a donation but if you donate $10 every 6 months you are provided a card, similar in size to a credit card, that has all your award mileage information and the phone numbers of the businesses all in one easy location. Below is a comparison chart of the two plans:



My friends have even told me that they would be willing to pay me to manage their mileage plans.  For a minimal donation you are getting a great deal with award wallet.  But hey if you want to pay me the charge is $25.00 monthly, so you decide, do you take the time and enter all your information for a donation or pay me $300 a year?  Any takers? Unlike yesterday's topic, the math is pretty easy with this decision.

While entering the information can be time consuming it is worse if you have a lot of miles or points accumulated and find out you lost everything due to inactivity in your account. Award wallet gives you the expiration date and warns you when the date is close.

If there is some topic you want discussed or are unsure of how a program operates email me and that might be tomorrow’s blog topic.

Please click on this award wallet link to sign up and give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment