Monday, October 22, 2012

Tours & Attractions Discounts


It is family reunion time in Palm Springs.  The weather is supposed to be in the 80’s for the entire week.  When I left the Los Angeles area it was drizzling. I am definitely ready for a fun filled week.  When we checked into the timeshare a silent auction was going on to benefit the Children’s Miracle Network.  I bid on a few different items, including 2 nights at the Ritz Carlton (which I didn’t win).  They were also offering two nights at the Marriott in Anaheim for $200.  No one was bidding on the Marriott so they lowered the price to $150.  This auction was now calling my name.  I bid on this and guess what? I won!  Seventy-five dollars a night is a great deal as the location usually starts at $199 a night and can go as high as $399 a night.  The best part is the hotel voucher had no black out dates.  The Anaheim Marriott is less than a mile from Disneyland so it will be a perfect place to stay when my niece, Rachael, comes to visit next year.

One of the other items I bid on and won was a visit to the Palm Springs Living Desert.  I had previously checked out prices on the Living Desert web page which showed a price of $17.25 a person. Seniors (mom and dad) were $15.75 a person. Luckily, I won the opening bid, which gave me 4 tickets at $11.25 a person.  Previously, I had searched the web to see if I could find any discounts to the Living Desert and came across the website Trusted Tours and Attractions.  I checked the site and could get tickets for $12.50.  When looking for tickets to attractions consider the Trusted Tours and Attractions link on the right side of the blog or the below link (be advised I do get a commission if you purchase from them).  If you know of another website that offers good deals on sightseeing tours, attractions and museums leave the information in the comment section.  If you use the Trusted Tours website and get a good deal, also leave a comment.

Save up to 25% on tours and attractions in top US destinations. CLICK HERE!

I almost forgot the best part.  The items I won at the auction can be put on my hotel bill which will count towards Marriott points. Since I am using my Marriott Rewards credit card I get five points per dollar.

View from the Timeshare in Palm Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment