Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On My Way to Marriott Platinum Status

Yesterday I talked about the Stay One, Get One Night Free at Radisson hotels. Today lets look at Marriott.  Marriott has Stay 2 nights get 1 free. Not as good a deal, but unlike the Radisson, which limits you to one free night, the Marriott allows you to earn up to three free nights.  I am trying to maintain my platinum status at Marriott which requires 75 nights a year.  I am currently at 66 nights. I am going to Chicago tomorrow and will spend 3 nights at Marriott branded hotels.  That gets me to 69 nights.  I have another 3 nights planned in November, so that gets me to 72.  After these two trips I will have earned my three free nights but still will not have my platinum status.  So what is the best way to get three more nights?  Book another trip.

Today, I saw that I could fly out of Burbank, Ca to New York for $199 round trip.  This includes all taxes.  So platinum status here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment