Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Top 10 FREE Travel Apps I Like (Part 1 of 2)

As I mentioned in Monday's blog there is an app for everything.  While you may have thought the app Sit or Squat was a funny application  I bet it's not so funny when you are traveling abroad and can't find a restroom.

Everyone has their own favorite apps.  I will tell you my favorite 10 FREE apps in this two part series.

1. Onthefly-this is my favorite app for getting the lowest airfare.  This is the app for the matrix software discussed in the July 5, 2012 blog
iPhone screen shot



2. AwardWallet-(iPhone/android) keeps track of the loyalty programs you participate in, such as your frequent flyer miles, hotels and credit card points.  This gives the user fast access to their balances and reward numbers even in locations where there is no Internet connection. The website version was discussed in the July 12th blog.




3. TripIt-Keeps all hotel, flights, car rentals and even restaurant reservations in one easy and convenient place.



4. Kayak- Onthefly looks up the best pricing for flights but you can't book from this app.  Kayak allows you to book hotel, flights and car rentals.


5. Gas Buddy- Find the cheapest gas on the go.


Tomorrow I will give you my next five FREE favorite apps.  See if your favorites made my top ten list.



No comments:

Post a Comment