Friday, September 7, 2012

38 Days

Thirty-eight is the number of days it took United Airlines to answer my complaint letter.  Remember the August 7th blog? In that blog I talked about what to do if you experience a travel problem.  In my particular situation the movie did not work on my United Airlines flight.  Here is there response I received from United Airlines:

"Dear XXXXXXX;

We are experiencing a high volume of email and I apologize for the delayed response to your message.

Thank you for taking the time to contact United Airlines Customer Care; we welcome this opportunity to address your concerns.

We realize that any type of malfunction can impact your perception of our overall operation.  Please know that we place a great deal of emphasis on proper maintenance of all equipment in our cabins.  In fact, our maintenance division has recently completed an audit of each fleet type and taken inventory of problems.  Based on that, we have established a program to check the cabins of each aircraft every 400 to 1,000 flight hours.  We will be identifying and repairing seats, carpets, galley equipment, lights and audio and video equipment.  In addition, another maintenance team is concentrating on cleaning methods,audio and video functionality and improved cabin condition monitoring.  

Still, your disappointment with your flight is understandable, and I will give your constructive feedback to our maintenance and onboard management because we are committed to providing you a positive in-flight experience.

As a gesture of goodwill, I have added 5,000 goodwill miles to your Mileage Plus account and 2,000 miles to XXXXXX's account, which will be posted in the next 10 business days. 

Your business is appreciated and we hope that you will choose United Airlines again when your personal or business travel plans include air travel.  We would consider it a privilege to welcome you onboard your next flight.

Regards,
LeMarkus Jones
Customer Care Manager
5653505/5653530"

In the August 7th, 2012 post I mentioned that if you need to write a letter make it short and to the point.  Don't get mean or nasty as that won't get you anything.  Explain the problem and state what you are asking for, e.g. miles, points or financial compensation.  I have found it easier to ask for points and miles versus financial compensation.  

I found it interesting that United gave me 5,000 miles but only gave my travel companion 2,000 miles.  I can only surmise the difference is due to my gold status with United.

Bottom line.... don't be afraid to write if the service provided is not up to your satisfaction.  

Have a great weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment