Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thank You

Well you probably read the subject line and wondered what I was thanking you for.  I wasn't, not to say I am not thankful for all my readers.  The subject line actually refers to Citibank Thank You points.  Lots of travel blogs write about credit card bonuses as a way to earn points and miles.  And credit cards are one of the top ways to get lots of miles very quickly.  Citibank has some great credit cards but today I want to write about Citibank banking.

Citibank has their Thank You rewards program.  Based on the number of relationships with Citibank you earn Thank You points.  Currently if you open a Citibank Checking account you can earn $300 in gift cards. Click here to see qualifications. The reason I like Citibank is because I earn Thank You points for doing what I do every day...banking.  I earn Thank You points for having a checking account, savings account, direct deposit, and bill pay.  My mortgage was just transferred to Citibank so that gets me even more points.  The below chart shows how you can earn points.


I earn over 1000 points a month without making a single credit card purchase.  Thank You points can be used for travel, gift cards and I just found out this weekend I can use my points for a comedy show at the Universal Amphitheater.  I went to purchase two tickets and the choices were...gift card, voucher code, credit card or Thank You points.I had never seen Thank You points as an option at a major attraction.  The cost for two tickets to the comedy show were $115 or I could use 14,400 points.  

I know that generally 10,000 points can get me a $100 gift card so the 14,400 points was not a better deal than paying $115.  I have purchased two laptop computers with Thank You points and traveled to Africa.  It helps that my Citibank credit card earns points in addition to my savings and checking accounts.

Most people don't like the hassle of changing banks but I recommend Citibank for their Thank You rewards program.

Thank you for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment