Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Traveling With Your Pet

For Thanksgiving  I was thankful to be able to spend time with my family in Washington. This was my first time driving to my parents house.  I always fly and accumulate my airline miles.  But I wanted to take my dog Molly with me and I wasn't sure that she would do well flying. My original plan was to stop at a friend's house the first night and then drive the next day to Washington.  But I wanted to get a little further north so day two would not be so long a drive the day before Thanksgiving.  That meant having to find a hotel that was pet friendly.

Beware pet friendly doesn't meant pet FREE.  I stayed at a Marriott branded hotel, Fairfield Inn, as this hotel only charged $25 for Molly.  Some hotels even let your pets stay for free.  I definitely was not going to spend a night at the Hyatt as they wanted $150 a night just for Molly, the hotel room was an additional $139.  The Hyatt pet fee was more than I spent for the hotel room at the Fairfield Inn, including the pet fee.

I decided to stick with the Fairmont as it was centrally located where I wanted to stay and had a FREE breakfast, that was really pretty good.  

I like using Priceline's feature that under hotel amenities you can select "Pets allowed" when searching.












When traveling with a pet be prepared to spend a little extra. But they are worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment