Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Won A Free App-Wiki Offline

I won something again. By now you are probably wondering why I don't play the Lottery.  My luck runs out when it comes to the lottery but I am going to keep putting in for other contests because I know I have the luck of the Irish.

What did I win? It is an app called Wiki Offline. If you have ever used Wikipedia (a free collaboratively edited, encyclopedia) then you know what this app is all about.  The full text of all Wikipedia articles are stored to your apple device.  You will hold the world's knowledge in the palm of your hand.  I don't have to worry about slow Internet connections.  How often have you traveled, wanted to look something up but not had Internet access? Well the beauty of this app is you don't need an Internet connection.  The app costs $9.99 (I won mine in a contest for naming my favorite beach...Bora Bora).  

For those of you that don't want to spend the $9.99, or want to test the app before purchasing it, there is a Lite version that covers the 1,000 most popular Wikipedia articles compared to the full version's 10 million full length articles.  

The next time I forget to check the website Route Happy (See November 8, 2012 blog) and end up on a flight without Internet or in a country without Internet access (e.g. Cuba) at least I will have my Wiki Offline.



No comments:

Post a Comment