Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Lines Have Already Begun...Black Friday is Just a Few Days Away

I can't wait for Friday.  "Black Friday" is my favorite shopping day of the year but "Cyber Monday" is a close second.  My friend Russ texted me last Thursday to tell me that people were already lining up at the Best Buy in Los Angeles, more than a week ahead of time.

Besides getting great deals, this is when I try and do my Christmas shopping and earn lots of points and miles.  It is important that I maximize my cash and miles for all my purchases.  For example, my Alaska Airlines credit card will give me 2500 airline miles if I spend $500 at book, sporting good, toy and electronic stores.  I have another credit card that will give me 3x the airline miles for gas, grocery, drug stores and restaurants.

Discover card sent me an email saying they had special benefits for the holidays.  The best is price protection guarantee.  They will refund the difference if I find a lower price within 90 days of my purchase.  I hate the idea of buying something only to later find it go on sale and I am unable to return the item   See below for the other discover card benefits.

My Citibank credit card has Citi Price Rewind.  If I register my purchases Citibank will search retailer's websites for 30 days to see if they can find a better price.  If they find a price that is at least $25 lower I get money back.  What I like about this is Citibank does all the work checking for a lower price.

If you plan to do some shopping make sure you know what benefits your credit card(s) offer and maximize your points and miles.









No comments:

Post a Comment