Friday, November 9, 2012

My Lucky Day: $650 FREE concert ticket and $250 easy cash

Tonight I am going to the Hollywood Bowl to attend a Barbara Streisand Concert.  I will be sitting in a $650 seat for FREE.  You probably wonder how.  I am going to be what is referred to as a seat filler.  Producers of these events don't like empty seats.  It looks bad on camera, especially if the seat is in the first ten rows, which is often panned by the camera.  When a celebrity gets out of their seat (to visit the restroom, accept an award, etc) or if a guest arrives late, the producers want a warm body in the seat.  I have done this a few times before but this is the first time at such a high end event.  I had a chance to attend the Country Music Awards as a seat filler but was unavailable.  You guessed it.  I was too busy traveling.   If you too want to be a seat filler, I use the websites Dynamic People Club and Seat Filler.

But wait, my day gets better, I received a phone call from Ritz Carlton marketing.  I was asked to participate in a two hour group discussion on Luxury hotels.  For my participation I was offered $250 in cash.  Of course I said, "Yes."

Besides currently doing surveys and being a seat filler, in the past I was also a "secret shopper."  I used to evaluate companies and report back on their customer service.  In terms of traveling for free I got to eat at restaurants for FREE, go to amusement parks for FREE, and the best part....stay at hotels for FREE.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!





No comments:

Post a Comment