Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Happy


I have been doing so much traveling I haven't had time to blog to my readers about some of the things I learned at last month's Chicago travel conference.

One of the sponsors of the Chicago seminar was a website called Route Happy.  Route Happy has the premise that “All flights are not created equal.”  Route Happy shows you information about airline flights that is helpful before you book, e.g. if the airplane has Wi-Fi or the chance it will be on-time.  



As you can see from the above screenshot had I checked Route Happy first I would have known that flight 252 to Miami had no Wi-Fi. 

Route Happy has integrated with the website Seat Guru which tells you the best airline seats.  Again, this would have been helpful before my Los Angeles to Miami flight.  Based on my American Airlines status I am to get a premium seat.  The seat I selected was described as premium in that the airline as the seats were configured 2-5-2.  Luckily, I got one of the two seats by the window but the pitch of the seat was terrible.  The guy in front of me put his seat all the way back and I had my laptop in my chest trying to type. 

I am definitely going to use Route Happy in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment