Tuesday, November 6, 2012

There is a Coupon for Almost Everything

After my trip to Cuba I am staying two nights at the Marriott South Beach-Miami.  I now earned Platinum status for next year and have also earned 3 free nights as a result of the stay 2 get 1 free promotion.  This is a great hotel with a view of the ocean from the balcony.  I got a great rate of $130 a night and was put on the concierge floor giving me access to the lounge.  Lounge access consisted of a full breakfast, as well as cheese and crackers and a light dessert in the evening.

View from the hotel room
Since I am platinum I was given a wrist band that entitled me to 10% off any food at the restaurant/bar at the hotel.  This is the first time I have seen this at a Marriott hotel.

Marriott 10% off wristband
Last night after eating dinner, while walking back to the hotel, Maria and I stopped to look at the menu of an Italian restaurant.  The manager encouraged us to eat there but we told him we already had dinner and were looking for a place to eat the following night.  He pulled out a business card and wrote, "20% off" and put his initials on it and told us to come back tomorrow and give the card to our hostess.  So tonight we ate at Mi Ami and enjoyed our discount.

Walking home from Mi Ami we stopped by a parking meter.  We saw the parking meter had a full keyboard and wondered why.  When you touch the parking meter it has a display that asks if you have a coupon.  I guess I have now seen there is a coupon for almost everything, including parking meters.

Miami Parking Meter

Don't forget to Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment