Monday, February 25, 2013

Ever Have Your Luggage Lost?

I hope all my readers had a great weekend. 

If you travel enough, sooner or later you will have to deal with the unfortunate circumstances of lost or damaged luggage. In 2011, 99.1% of checked airline baggage worldwide was delivered on time to passengers, according to a 2012 baggage report.  Of the 0.9% that wasn't delivered on time, most (85.6%) were simply delayed- while 11.9% were damaged and 2.5% were lost or stolen.This translates to 99.9% of luggage getting to its rightful owners eventually, maybe not in perfect condition though.  The percentage is impressive-unless you are the owner of the lost bag.  

A while back I talked about the apps I liked (See  the September 12, 2012 and October 8, 2012 blogs).  If you fly Delta I would also recommend their app.  Delta is the only app I know of that allows you to track your bags from drop off to baggage claim, even if the bag ends up at an airport that was not your final destination. 

My travel group of friends and I once traveled to Italy for a ski trip only to have the skis misplaced for several days.  The Delta app sure would have come in handy.




No comments:

Post a Comment