Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FREE Hotel nights

Today in the mail I received a credit card application for the La Quinta Visa.  In the past I have thrown these applications away and not paid much attention.  This time I decided to take a second look.  I can't even remember ever staying at a La Quinta.  When I travel across the United States next year I hope to borrow a friend's travel camper but staying in a hotel with hot showers every so often is also a must. What I like about the La Quinta website is you can pick a start and end point and it will show you all the La Quinta Hotels along the route.



















Traveling from downtown Los Angeles to Disney World shows there are 96 La Quinta hotels I can stay at along the way. There are lots of hotel choices along the route.  The point is to be able to stay for FREE or at a large discount.  The mailer I got shows I can get two FREE nights once I make a purchase with the La Quinta credit card. My readers know I love the word FREE.

I have a Marriott credit card and a Priority Points (Holiday Inn, Intercontinental) credit card and really don't need another credit card.  So why even take a second look at application I received in the mail? I like that the Visa has no annual fee. The Marriott card and Priority Club credit card both have annual fees.  

The la Quinta Visa card might be good for my readers who don't have hotel status as the credit card gives you instant Gold Status with La Quinta.  I already have Platinum with Marriott and can easily get a status match but for my readers who don't have status this might be a good opportunity. Going back to basics, a status match is when you are not at an elite level at a hotel or on an airline and once you have status you ask a competitor to give you elite status.  

If you are interested in a credit card that gives you airline miles or hotel stays I have a credit card link on the right side of my blog.  Always remember before applying for any credit card, don't take on more debit than you can safely manage.  
                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment