Monday, December 10, 2012

Skyguide Changes The Rules...And Not For The Better

On the way to New York we had a three hour layover in San Francisco, which meant plenty of time to hit the airport lounge.  Russ had just signed up for the Skyguide club (see July 23, 2012 blog) so this would be his first time visiting an airline lounge.  We were on a United flight so we went to the United Airlines lounge.  That was our mistake.  There was a sign at the entrance that said,"No outside food."  I wasn't too worried as I figured we would grab something from inside the lounge.  Once we got inside we were told the United lounge stopped serving food 18 months ago.  They had snacks such as cookies, fruit, and crackers.   No outside food and no meals served inside the lounge, what's with that?

Skyguide allows you to go to any lounge, it doesn't have to be the airline lounge for the airline you are traveling on.  I definitely won't be visiting the United lounge again. I will visit a different lounge on my layover in San Francisco on the way back.

Unfortunately, Skyguide has changed the rules for 2013.  Skyguide members can now only be reimbursed for one lounge pass per month.  Starting in 2013 I have to decide if I want to use the lounge pass on the outgoing or incoming flight.

The membership is still a good deal for the $19.99 annual price but definitely not as valuable a plan as it was prior to 2013. Maybe I need to start my outgoing flight in one month and the return flight in another to take advantage of the 2013 Skyguide rules.  But if you want to pay only $19.99 instead of up to $600 for airport lounge passes, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment