Friday, December 7, 2012

How to get a $349 hotel room for $49

Today let's talk about the Priority Club credit card.  I know you are probably thinking, "I don't want/need another credit card."  I know I talk a lot about credit cards and I have quite a few of them but I don't carry all of them with me all the time.  I do like the Priority Club card though.  

Right now I am flying to New York where I will be staying at an Intercontinental Hotel.  The room normally costs $349 a night.  I am spending the first two nights using a 2 for 1 coupon and the third night with a FREE night from my Priority Club credit card.

The Priority Club credit card has a $49 annual fee (the first year the fee is waived) but you get one FREE night at any Priority Club hotel, every year. So you don't want to use the certificate at a Holiday Inn when you can use it at an Intercontinental.  In addition to the FREE night you also get the following benefits:
  • Platinum elite status (read the September 20, 2012 blog on why status matters)
  • A 10% rebate of points when booking an award night
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Priority Club hotels
  • Earn 2 points for $1 spent at gas, grocery stores and restaurants
  • Earn 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else
You can even earn 60,000 points by signing up for the credit card and the annual fee is waived the first year.  As we learned yesterday 60,000 points can equal 12 free nights with Point Breaks but more realistically it equals three free nights.

With the platinum status you can get complimentary room upgrades, (when available), plus you earn a 50% bonus on the points you earn on paid stays.

On the right side of my blog (click on the button labeled "Do you like to travel?") you can compare credit cards but this is one credit card I plan to keep.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment