Monday, December 17, 2012

HI

When you see the word HI notice that it is in all capital letters because I didn't mean hello. HI refers to Hosteling International.  A while ago I had Ashton over at my house checking if I could get solar for the roof.  We started talking about traveling and Ashton mentioned he had just vacationed at Yosemite.  That scared me because some people who had visited Yosemite and stayed in Curry Village died of Hantavirus.  

I asked Ashton if he was scared and he said that he vacationed with his wife and in-laws outside of Yosemtie in a place called Bug.  A placed called Bug didn't sound like my idea of a vacation.  Ashton explained Bug was part of Hostelling International (HI).  Ashton said he enjoys staying in "youth" hostels.  He explained the word "youth" was really a misnomer as people of all ages stay at these locations.  I stayed at youth hostels when I made my way through Europe back in my college days (don't ask how long ago that was).  

I  decided to look up bug and saw: "The Yosemite Bug Hostel, is just 20 miles from spectacular Yosemite National Park on several forested acres. 25 miles from Yosemite Valley itself. The area has great opportunities for mountain biking, skiing, rafting, and hiking. Yosemite Bug hostel is just three miles from the Merced River Scenic Area and hiking trails access." 

Ashton stated he has also used the Hostelling International website for a stay in Nicaragua at the Granada.  He stated that some of the hostels have really good meal deals.

I typically stay at hotels and sometimes B& Bs.  If any of the readers have used this or other hosteling websites please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment