Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Marriott Lifetime Status In My Future?

Fellow blogger, View from the Wing, posted yesterday that Marriott is changing the rules on lifetime status.  Last year was my first year earning platinum status and I managed to earn platinum again tis year but is lifetime platinum status in my future?
The new requirements are:
• Platinum Elite: 750 nights + 2 million points
• Gold Elite: 500 nights + 1.6 million points
• Silver Elite: 250 nights + 1.2 million points

The website isn’t up yet, but they’ll be promoting lifetime status at MarriottRewards.com/Lifetime.

I have 287 lifetime nights so I am on my way to silver status (not platinum), but there is only one problem.....I have no where near 1.2 million points. I think I currently have around 200,000 points.  Hmmmm, I think I better stick with earning my status from year to year and not plan on lifetime status just yet.

There are no changes to the number of Marriott Rewards points earned during a lifetime to earn status. Instead, they’ve dropped the requirement for 12 years in the program before being eligible for lifetime status. And they’ve reduced the number of nights necessary for each tier level.

  • Silver goes from 600 to 250.
  • Gold goes from 800 to 500.
  • Platinum goes from 1000 to 750.
Thanks again to View from the Wing for this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment