Friday, August 17, 2012

7 Layer Cookies

My parents arrived last night from Portland. Remember I mentioned my mom was an avid reader of my blog?  When she arrives she tells me how she has something for me to write about.  She then hands me the attached business card and tells me she can earn airline miles at the Portland airport.


This is the same program I wrote about in my July 13, 2012 blog.  At that time I talked about how you can earn 1000 free miles for getting text messages.  It has only been within this past year that my mom finally got a cell phone.  The phone is simply a phone.  It is not a smartphone where she can browse the Internet.  She doesn't even receive text messages.  The 1000 points was to sign up for text messages but you don't have to get texts, you can just sign up online using the attached link and start earning miles.  To understand how the program works click on this July 13 link. My mom thought the program was just limited to the Portland airport but you can get miles no matter where you live and it is not limited to airports.  There is even a zip code locater to tell you what locations near you earn points.  I even earn points for shopping on line at Restaurant.com.  All you do is register a credit or debit card and do your everyday shopping as you normally would and then watch the miles show up in your account. The people at Thanks Again have even set up a separate link just for my readers to sign up. I got my mom signed up last night. Click here so you too can start earning airline miles with Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, United, or US Airways.  For my friends Todd and Bill I expect you to sign up for you American Airlines miles. Below is a screen shot of my Alaska Airline miles account.  


My favorite way to earn miles is to purchase 7 layer cookies. These are the best cookies ever. If you have never tasted these just click on this link and make some and I am sure you will agree about the taste.




Have a great weekend!

Side note: I have a timeshare for rent.  The timeshare is the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert, near Palm Springs, Ca.  It is a one bedroom and sleeps 4.

Dates      Sept 1-8 (8 days/7 nights) Check in at 4PM   Check out at 10 AM        

Cost $400 (approx. $57 a night)

There are no parking fees or taxes.    If you were to book this directly through Marriott the price would be:$1,638.27 (USD) for 7 nights. No that is not a typo.

For pictures of the location:https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-photos/ctdsr-marriotts-shadow-ridge-i-the-villages/

If interested contact me at travelforless@earthlink.net



No comments:

Post a Comment