Monday, August 20, 2012

I Won 2 Free Hotel Nights at a Starwood Hotel...and Why I like Starwood


I put $10 in a raffle at work and won two free nights at any Starwood property in San Diego. My friends at work laughed as this was the grand prize everyone wanted and here I am the world traveler winning the prize.  

What I like about Starwood (Westin, Sheraton, etc.) is they have something that most hotel chains, with the exception of Hilton, don't have.  Starting last year, all free night stays count towards your yearly status. Before this date, only paid revenue stays would count. Now, Gold status (which requires 10 nights/25 stays) and Platinum status (which requires 25 nights/50 stays) will be much more obtainable to reach. 

At Deals We Like there is a great explanation of this program.



Side note: I have a timeshare for rent.  The timeshare is the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert, near Palm Springs, California.  It is a one bedroom with a full kitchen.  Sleeps four.

Dates:      Sept 1-8 (8 days/7 nights) Check in at 4PM   Check out at 10 AM        

Cost $400 (approx. $57 a night)

You can't get a hotel room for this price.   There are no parking fees or taxes.   If you were to book this directly through Marriott the price would be:$1,638.27 (USD) for 7 nights. No that is not a typo.

For pictures of the location:https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-photos/ctdsr-marriotts-shadow-ridge-i-the-villages/

Contact me at: travelforless@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment