Thursday, January 31, 2013

How I Saved Over $5,000

In June I am going to Ireland.  A friend, Betty,  is a tour guide for a company called Smartours.  She will be leading the 13 day tour.  I had the option of purchasing the tour as a land only tour or pay a higher price which included airfare from New York.  I opted for the land only figuring I could use some frequent flyer miles to get me to Ireland.  

A few years ago I got a British Airways credit card.  The card came with 100,000 British Airways miles.  I figured now was the time to cash in those miles.  Unfortunately, British Airways charges some high fees on their tickets but I figured I would take my chances.

I was able to get a first class ticket where the fees were only $450.  The ticket, if not bought with award miles, would have sold for $5876.  


Here is what I am looking forward to:





No comments:

Post a Comment