Monday, March 25, 2013

My Favorite Hawaii Hotel


I love the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii.  Check out these pictures of the hotel by clicking hereThis location is so large it has a tram, as well as a boat, to shuttle you from one side of the hotel to the other.  It has three swimming pools (one with a 175 foot water slide) plus a natural ocean fed lagoon.  While snorkeling in the lagoon you can see numerous fish as well as turtles.  The lagoon is so large you can rent paddle boards or pedal boats.


The hotel also has several restaurants with great food.  You can choose from Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican or good ole’ hamburgers and hot dogs. You can even dine at an elegant steak or seafood restaurant over looking the ocean.

Now that I have told you about this wonderful place you may be thinking, “This all sounds a little too expense and what about traveling for less?”

We visited the Hilton as part of a timeshare presentation.  I know many of you are already saying ughhh.  But for 90 minutes this 6 day/ 5 night vacation was worth it.  Even with the presentation the cost was not free but it made it affordable.  It included a rental car, a $200 voucher for my next Hilton stay (already booked the Hilton hotel in Boston) as well as 25,000 Hilton points, which is enough points for another free night.

I lucked out because my Hilton Gold membership expires at the end of this month.  I got gold by asking for a status match. I did this knowing I would be staying at the Hilton in Hawaii.  The gold status got me $120 in food vouchers for my stay as well as 2 free bottles of water.  Food is expensive in Hawaii.

If you ever plan on staying at this hotel the best thing to do is on day one purchase a discount food card for $29.95.  The food card gives you two $10 food vouchers as well as 10% off all your food purchases.  We definitely made out on this deal.  We had stayed at this hotel before, we love it that much, that the first thing we did was make sure we had the discount card.  


Tomorrow we discussing getting to Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment