Monday, March 18, 2013

Hilton Award Program Changes

Currently I am staying at a Hilton Hotel.  I know some of you are probably wondering why I am not staying at a Marriott. The answer,  I go where the deals are. This time the deal was with Hilton.  This is a great stay for me as I got upgraded to an ocean view room.



But Beginning 2013 Hilton made changes to their award program.  Those changes are:

Reward Categories:  Translation-Hilton added more categories meaning that the majority of hotels raised their current rewards redemption value.  This is not good.

Seasonal pricing:  Translation-this can work for or against you.  Are you the type of person who travels in the off season?  I am.  I generally go where the deal is but I also have a more flexible schedule than most.  If you have kids and want to travel during spring break this new pricing is a bad thing.

Aloha




No comments:

Post a Comment