Friday, June 29, 2012

Internet Shopping Helps Earn Airline Miles

Yesterday I spoke about using an airline toolbar for a internet search engine.  Besides earning miles searching the web, the toolbar can also help you earn miles on your internet purchases.  Groupon, (a deal of the day website), is one of my favorite sites to use when I plan to travel.  For example, I know I am going to South Carolina next month, so I added the area of Charleston to my list of deals to help find discounted restaurants and activities.  Using a Groupon, I did paddle boarding for the first time in Miami. Now your probably thinking, "What does Groupon have to do with airline or hotel miles?"  Did you know you can use the airline toolbar you installed after yesterday's blog or you can click on this AA advantage shopping mall link prior to going to the Groupon website in order to earn miles?  By going to the American airline's shopping mall first I earn 2 miles for every dollar spent at Groupon. The major airlines each have their own online "shopping mall." This is another way to keep the miles alive, slowly build up your miles for travel, or top off your account for those few miles needed for an award ticket.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I love internet purchases and Amazon and Ebay are two of my favorites.  For Amazon purchases I earn miles through Hawaiian Airlines emarket and for Ebay purchases I earn with Air Canada miles at the Aeroplan estore.  These are the only two options for Amazon and Ebay that I am aware of.  If readers know of any others please feel free to post a response.

When it comes to the American, United, Delta or Hawaiian airlines shopping malls you can earn airline miles for almost any internet purchase from FTD flowers to school supplies at Staples to hardware supplies at Lowes.  Usually you earn 2-4 miles per dollar spent but there are always specials emailed by the airlines such as FTD flowers on Mother's day earning 15 miles per dollar.  Just click on the above links I have provided and start earning airline miles without ever leaving the ground.



If you are not committed to one particular airline and you are not sure which airline shopping mall is best, you will have to wait until Monday to learn about the site that already compares everything for you, even cash back options.

Be sure to sign up for email notifications so you can Travel for Less, and sometimes even travel for FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment